Monday, November 11, 2013

Toile

I love, love, love painting girls rooms....I think it's because I sort of get all my need-to-redecorate out, and get to try everything under the sun. I guessing, if being an artist weren't my job, I'd be re-doing my kids rooms every other month. 
One of my favorite clients, said she was changing her daughters room, and wanted something more grown up (she's just as addicted to change as I am, good for me...bad for her husband). So I painted over the mural I had done previously, and yes it was a bit hard to do, but no tears were shed. 
She gave me samples of all the fabrics being used in the room, and I created something simple, girly, and still elegant. I was using the pattern, and the sketchy design of  toile, to make a crest sort of design. 
I hand drew the design with a grey sharpie. The wall was textured, so it made it a little tougher. I think I went through about 7 sharpies. The design started off  bit simpler, but we both love the saying, "bigger is better".




No comments :

Post a Comment